Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot share web page or link

While in Mac OS 10.8.2, Parallels 7 not running, while using Safari when I try using the Safari sharing tab to email web page or web link, I cannot. Get dialog box which appears it is trying to get into virtual machine's Safari:

"The "Safari" application cannot be started. The application is installed in a virtual machine that cannot be located. Make sure that the virtual machine hasn't been deleted or moved..."

Since the virtual machine is usually not running, how can I get Mac Safari to respond as if there never was installed?

Bill

Mac mini (Late 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 6:41 AM

2 replies

Jan 3, 2013 12:42 PM in response to Linc Davis

I found a fix and it deals with an issue I posted a few weeks ago. I checked Mail's prefernces for the default email reader. It was set on some random app. When I mentioned an earlier post I noted that when setting the default reader the selection does not stick, it bounces around.

Once I reset the pref of default reader as the current Mail app, the Safari share function works as designed.

Bill

Cannot share web page or link

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.