2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 3, 2013 12:42 PM by Bill3
Bill3 Level 2 Level 2 (270 points)

While in Mac OS 10.8.2, Parallels 7 not running, while using Safari when I try using the Safari sharing tab to email web page or web link, I cannot.  Get dialog box which appears it is trying to get into virtual machine's Safari:

"The "Safari" application cannot be started.  The application is installed in a virtual machine that cannot be located.  Make sure that the virtual machine hasn't been deleted or moved..."

Since the virtual machine is usually not running, how can I get Mac Safari to respond as if there never was installed?

Mac mini (Late 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)
  • Linc Davis Level 10 Level 10 (177,815 points)

That would be a Parallels message, not a system message. I don't use it, but my guess is that you're running afoul of some attempt by Parallels to "integrate" the VM with the desktop.

• Bill3 Level 2 Level 2 (270 points)

I found a fix and it deals with an issue I posted a few weeks ago.  I checked Mail's prefernces for the default email reader.  It was set on some random app.  When I mentioned an earlier post I noted that when setting the default reader the selection does not stick, it bounces around.

Once I reset the pref of default reader as the current Mail app, the Safari share function works as designed.