Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i tick all my 12000 tracks without doing it individually

How do I put a tick against all my 12000+ tracks on my Classsic without having to tick each individually?

Please help me

Old head with new technology = headache

iPod classic 160GB (Late 2009)

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 7:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 7:35 AM

Do it in itunes

Select Song view. If the checked column is not showing then Ctrl + B to show the Top Menu and select View > View Options Select checked as the field to add it should be about the fifth entry in the list.

This will put the new column in the Songs view.

Select one song

Ctrl + A to select all

Right mouse click and select Check selection.

Then all the songs should get checked.

Sync to your Ipod Classic

Job done

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2013 7:35 AM in response to dave in tunstal

Do it in itunes

Select Song view. If the checked column is not showing then Ctrl + B to show the Top Menu and select View > View Options Select checked as the field to add it should be about the fifth entry in the list.

This will put the new column in the Songs view.

Select one song

Ctrl + A to select all

Right mouse click and select Check selection.

Then all the songs should get checked.

Sync to your Ipod Classic

Job done

Jan 3, 2013 10:53 AM in response to dave in tunstal

If you've used the Shift-View > Show Exact Duplicates feature you want to delete all but one of each repeating group. It becomes more complicated because sometimes there are two links to a single file, other times there are multiple files on the hard drive with the same audio content and tag properties. Depending on which it is you either do or do not want to delete the file when deleting the entry from the library.

See this thread which discusses some causes of duplicates, gives a strategy for a manual removal and explains the ideas behind a script called DeDuper for doing it automatically.

Tunstall, Staffs? I used to live in Market Drayton...

tt2

Message was edited by: turingtest2

how do i tick all my 12000 tracks without doing it individually

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.