Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone5 battery is not charging

last month i bye a new iphone5 in the unitet states. Now i´m back in germany and it is not possible to charge the battery or start the iphone. Today i had a appointment in an apple retail store in germany but they cannot help me because it is not EU standard. They told me that i must fly back to the unitet states to get support. They check it for me and now i know that the battery is ok they think the charging socket of the iphone have a short circut.

So now to my question:

1. It is possible to get Apple support for my iPhone5? (Without a flight back to U.S.)

or

2. Can someone tell me where is the problem and how can I fix it by my self?

iPhone 5

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 7:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 8:08 AM

1, The iPhone warranty is country specific (outside the EU). Your phone can be serviced only in the USA. Appele doesn't repair phones. If the damage is covered by the warranty (i.e. not due to abuse), the phone would be replaced with a refurbished unit.

2. How could anyone remotely inspect and test your phone? You can try cleaning the Lightning socket with electronic contact cleaner.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2013 8:08 AM in response to schefe0815

1, The iPhone warranty is country specific (outside the EU). Your phone can be serviced only in the USA. Appele doesn't repair phones. If the damage is covered by the warranty (i.e. not due to abuse), the phone would be replaced with a refurbished unit.

2. How could anyone remotely inspect and test your phone? You can try cleaning the Lightning socket with electronic contact cleaner.

iphone5 battery is not charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.