Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quickly identifying movies within Events?

When I download photos/movies from devies to iPhoto it puts them into an Event.

Is there a quick way to identifying the movies so that I can remove them from the Event and create a new Event? (as I store my movie files separately to my photos).

With devices, such as my camera, where photos are named differently to movies, I can sort the Event by name and then easily cut and paste but Apple devices tend to use the same sequential naming convention, so I can't easily separate them. I can see the movies by creating a smart album but that doesn't apply me to cut them from the Event itself.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 7:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 7:36 AM

Just tyoe movie into the search box or use a Smart Album.

7 replies

Apr 3, 2013 3:59 AM in response to Jerry Dammers

Have just tried this again and I can't seem to get it to work!

I have selected an Event that has both photos and videos within it. When I type "Video" (or "Movie") in the Search box, I get no results showing.

How do I get the list of videos to show?

Or, alternatively, how would can I define a Smart Album to find the videos within an Event?

My objective is to cut the videos from the Event and create a new Event just for the videos.

Thank you

Apr 3, 2013 4:30 AM in response to Yer_Man

Thanks - that works and helps me identify the videos within an Event in a new Smart Album.

I still have to go back into the Event and find those videos before cutting them out of that Event and into a new Event just for the videos. Is there any way round that?

The previous solution of typing "Video" into the Search box when the Event is open would be ideal but that doesn't seem to work anymore (although looking at our earlier discussion, it appears to have worked previously).

thank you

Quickly identifying movies within Events?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.