Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why do i get duplicate chapters in IDVD when i drag in my Qt movie file

Hi, can someone please help!!!!

I completed a project in FCP 7 and added chapter markers then exported the project to Quick Time Movie and included chapter markers and made the movie sel contained as I need to transfer it to other computers at a later date, I have done this many times before without any issues. On dragging the movie file into IDVD and checking things were ok I hit the burn DVD button. IDVD went through the whole process upto multiplexing then came up with an error message. On checking this out on the internet it appeared that i had placed some of the chapter markers on some of the transition points and advice from several forums suggested this would cause the problem and the fix was to go back into the original FCP project timeline and delete all the chapter markers and reset them further in on each clip which i did. I then exported the project again to a QT movie file and dragged into IDVD and on checking the various assests under the Scenes section it showed the first chapter had been duplicated! I now had two chapters called 'The Beginning' . Using the inspector tab i cut one of the chapters and hit the burn button and again despite going through the whole process it came up with a Multiplexing error!!!

Apologies for such a long question but not sure how else to explain. Any advice would be welcome.

Colin

Mac Pro

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 8:01 AM

There are no replies.

why do i get duplicate chapters in IDVD when i drag in my Qt movie file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.