Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Extended metadata disappears and reappears in the basic

Has anybody else seen the behavior shown below? Aperture 3.4.3 on OS X 10.8.2.

After selecting a project and switching to list view (metadata extended mode), some images will not show the EXIF/IPTC metadata in the table:

User uploaded file

But the Info tab on the left for the selected image clearly shows that all of the metadata is there, it's fine:

User uploaded file

As a workaround, I can switch to another project

User uploaded file

Then, switch back to the previous project, and magically all of the "missing" metadata reappears:

User uploaded file

Seems like a bug, I am curious if others have run into it...?

I have the same issue regardless of whether I am in basic or extended metadata mode. As you can see, I have tweaked the metadata list view display options & order to the tags I want to see.

Thanks!

Aperture 3, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 2.7GHz i7, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 8:30 AM

3 replies

Jan 9, 2013 7:34 PM in response to ctr256

Does this happen with all libraries? If you only have one library try making a new empty one and add some images into for testing.

If it happens in the new library try making a new user and running the same test.

This will help to identify if the problem is with your account (works ok as new user) or system wide (also fails with new user).

Also in cases of UI mess ups a good place to start is by removing your Aperture preference file (see Aperture 3: Troubleshooting Basics for a description of how to move out the preference file).

regards

Extended metadata disappears and reappears in the basic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.