Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facebook app crashes immediately upon opening

For some reason, I can not open Facebook app on iPhone or iPad .it crashes and closes immediately upon opening. Any ideas?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 8:52 AM

2 replies

Jan 23, 2013 8:41 AM in response to Hainer

Facebook is the app that crashes the most but others do it as well. I found out that I was having a problem because I took the phone in to a 'genius' as my batterey life seemed short. The genius plugged my phone in to some diagnostic gadget and informed me of these crashes, told me that some apps might be corrupted and that I would need to restore the phone. I wasn't properly prepared to hand it over to him right then & there so told him I'd be back once I had done a backup.

I called AppleCare to see if this restoration was something that I could do on my own as it seemed to involve corrupt apps.

Meanwhile I should state that when an app begins to act up I delete it from the phone and re-download it from the store. This seems to work for a bit.

Here is where, as an old time Mac user I begin to rant a little. I keep my Macs spic and span. What is the deal that Apple hasn't provided a utility for keeping one's iPhone 'clean'? This annoys me. I will know just how annoyed once I put my call into a genius and find out what it's going to take to get my phone running smoothly again.

Jan 23, 2013 8:52 AM in response to Hainer

There might be some corruption with the Facebook app itself. Delete the app and redownload/install it. You will have to re-enter your login and password, but that should take care of it. I have had similiar issues a couple of times in the past few years and reinstalling has resolved it.

To delete the app, touch and hold the icon till they start "shivering" and you get the red X. Touch the red X and agree to the delete question.

Facebook app crashes immediately upon opening

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.