Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 5 automatic date and time issue

This morning I noticed that the time on my iphone 5 was one hour behind the current time. I went into Settings, General, Date & Time and noticed the time zone showed Chicago, but I am in the Eastern Time Zone and it always has shown New York. I turned off the Set Automatically, and the Time Zone automatically changed to New York and the correct time. I turned the Set Automatically back on, and the time zone changed to Chicago. Now, in order to have the correct time show up, I cannot have it set automatically. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, is there a fix? Thank you.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 11:24 AM

1 reply

Jan 4, 2013 3:52 PM in response to headypie

I started having this problem within days of purchasing the new phone. My phone actually shows my correct "Cupertino" time zone, but the time will usually jump bak about three hours and twenty minutes. After going through several troubleshooting steps with Apple and Verizon, Verizon decided they would send me a new phone, because there is a one year manufacturer warranty. I set up my new iPhone 5 two days ago, and I'm already having the same issue. This is not my first Apple product purchase, but it is my first iPhone, and I am a bit disappointed. I don't see how Time Magazine can call this a "Gadget of the Year," if something as simple as setting the time automatically cannot be achieved.

iphone 5 automatic date and time issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.