Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to insert captions in iPhoto for slides

I've watched the videos and they say you can do it, but I cannot find in the menus. I see a Text Box under the Slide Show screen, but cannot engage it. I also click on the Settings icon and click on the Titles box, but I do not get a text box to insert the text on each slide.

My iPhoto is Version '11.

Your assistance is appreciated.😕

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 1:12 PM

7 replies

Jan 5, 2013 9:57 AM in response to Old Toad

Thanks, Old Toad, for providing a screen shot of inserting text. However, I do not have the same screen with my iPhoto '11 program as you have.

This is what my screen looks like ... for some reason I do not have the 'Text' Box at the bottom of screen like your program has. Nor, does the 'Text' Box appears above the photo 'tray'.

I have made a screen shot file. Can this file be opened at your end? I am so curious why my version of iPhoto is not the same as yours and Terry Devlins.

Here's the file path ...

file://localhost/Users/Gayda/Desktop/2013-01-05_1252.png

Do hope I can resolve this at my end.

Thanks.

Jan 5, 2013 2:21 PM in response to Old Toad

Gentlemen, that is Old Toad and Terry Devlin,

First, Old Toad, apologies for not getting my act together to submit a screen shot properly. Missed a few essential steps to do so. Terry, the screen shot I am including is self-explanatory in response to your instructions.

Here is the URL to access my iPhoto screen.

http://screencast.com/t/z9hgeEEk

Question arising at my end, is why my iPhoto screen is not the same as either of yours. That is, I do not have a TEXT BOX icon. This is frustrating me to know end especially with having the latest version of iPhoto [at least I think I have.😕

How to insert captions in iPhoto for slides

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.