Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recovery Partition

I have a MacBook Pro 9,2. It came with 10.8. I tried to downgrade it to 10.7.5 for uniformity with other corporate settings by using a recent 10.7.5 CCC image I created. Everything worked fine except the Recovery partition.

I would click command + R and it would show the Apple logo with no spinning wheel.

I then manually deleted and then recreated the Recovery partition using the latest 10.7.5 installer app and some scripts I found on the web.

The Recovery Partition was created correctly yet when I would hold command + R it would boot to Internet Recovery.

When I held option key during boot and selected the Recovery Partition, it booted fine. I verified there are only 2 partitions - the primary boot and the recovery partition.

I repartitioned and reformatted the drive and reinstalled 10.8.2 from a USB Installer drive I created and the system still boots to Internet Recovery.

Right now I'm reinstalling from the Internet Recovery Partition that the MBP booted to, and I'll see how that goes, yet while I'm waiting does anyone have any ideas as to why there are issues and how best to remedy?

Thanks for any assistance.

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 2:18 PM

2 replies

Recovery Partition

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.