Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you set up a rescue email?

I just got a new IPhone, but before I can make purchases on it I ha r to answer my security questions, which I forgot the answers to. To reset the questions I have to get an email sent to my rescue email. But I don't have a rescue email. I already have an alternate email, but I guess it's not the same thing. So how do I set up a rescue email?

iPhone 4, iOS 4, I'm not sure of I got the IOS righ

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 2:35 PM

3 replies

Mar 28, 2014 2:36 PM in response to Haygirlhay

Did anyone ever answer you or did you figure this out? It's very frustrating and misleading. From what I can tell everyone is saying they're different. Also, they tell you that you set up your rescue e-mail when you create iTunes account. However, I have an old account and never set up a recue account. When I go through account on iTunes there is no prompt to add a rescue account. When I go through the manage my account via apples website page it will allow me to add an alternate e-mail which then send an email verification to the alternate asking you to verify the new account and it states that this is your primary account now for any correspondence. I know my security questions but I can't for the life of me find someone that has distinctly answered the question letting you know how to add a rescue e-mail account to an existing iTunes account.

Sorry for the long e-mail and the redundancy of the question but I've literally wasted half my day trying to get this stupid question answered and someone who will pay attention to my actual issue. Which is I need a recue account and not an alternative account. I'm actually pretty tech savvy so make fun all you want but this is very frustrating and there seems to be no one or any forum where someone actually answers the people that have bravely asked the question over and over and gotten told to go to manage my account and add an alternative account and that is not a rescue account. Please help! I'm about ready to smash my MBP over my desk!

How do you set up a rescue email?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.