Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what does "idle" mean in the printer application?

I'm embarrassed to ask, but I can't find support for this simple message. I've sent a print job to an HP 6840 via the wireless network. The printer application says "idle." What does this mean? I've seen other posts documenting, um, frustrations with these printers, so I'm aware that I may have made mistakes in the set-up, but yes Bonjour sees the printer.

Any help would be appreciated.

j

Powerbook 12", Mac OS X (10.4.6)

Posted on May 2, 2006 8:30 PM

2 replies

May 2, 2006 8:59 PM in response to John Muse

"Idle" means that the printer is not doing anything. If it is idle after you have sent a print job, that sounds like the job didn't make it to the printer.

This page may help with the setup:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=385458&la ng=en&docname=c00130508

Setting it up first with USB, just to make sure the printer works, may be helpful.

Hope this helps

what does "idle" mean in the printer application?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.