Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCPX: Is there a way to show which clips in the browser exist in the currently open project?

I have many clips (1000+) in my event for a travel/destinations style video. I edit many of these on a regular basis, and I am finding it very difficult to keep track of which clips I have already used in my project timeline. Is there a way to set the project browser to display or filter unused clips? Or am I able to set up a smart collection to achieve a similar effect?

Final Cut Pro X, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 4:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2014 4:39 PM

If you use the latest 10.1.1 it has View > Show Media Ranges funtion that highlights a clip that HAS been used.

This at least makes it easier to spot clips that have not been used.

Al

13 replies

Jun 10, 2014 3:13 PM in response to J_tourism_media

So I found this thread. Sounds like exactly what I want to do. I have 30 minutes of lacrosse highlights saved in the event library as "Highlights 1". I pull down 10 minutes of footage to go with my song. Now I want to pull down another 10 minutes worth but I want just unused clips. Nothing I used before. Using FCP 10.0.8. Any way to do what I want? Do I need to upgrade? If so, what issues will that create?

Jun 10, 2014 3:34 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

First off Tom, Wow. You are the best. Many thanks. Maybe I need to find a new tread for this but here goes. I'm scared to upgrade!!!! Sitting here with 3 external hard drives all with footage that I will use or have used all ready for parts of my final video. Reading about upgrades and libraries is frightening. Could I get get myself in trouble trying to upgrade midstream? Other thread I should be swithing over to?

Thanks

Mark

FCPX: Is there a way to show which clips in the browser exist in the currently open project?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.