Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is there any way to connect a linn 9000 sequencer to logic studio where the linn is master?

is there any way to connect a linn 9000 sequencer to drive logic studio using the linn as a master?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2009), iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 6:55 PM

5 replies

Feb 7, 2016 10:27 AM in response to amedeejones

The short answer is no. I have a Linn 9000 and it is very similar to your Linnsequencer in terms of software. Logic generates Midi Clock but it does not receive it. Logic can be used as a slave using MTC. (midi time code) The Linn 9000 transmits and receives midi clock, but not MTC, which is what Logic would need. The Linn 9000 can stripe SMPTE to tape but cannot generate it natively. You have to use some external device that takes midi clock and converts it to MTC.

Using the 9000 as a slave should still retain it's feel. A good way to test this would be to slave the 9000 and record to Logic. Then, playback logic along with an un-slaved Linn 9000. Try to manually sync them up as closely as possible and let them run for as long as possible. Listen for any variances. FYI, I have an AKAI DR4d 4 track that has MTC. I can control Logic from the AKAI device, so I know this works.

Hope this helps. I agree with you in that the Linn 9000 has the best feel of any drum machine ever made, that's why I never sold or converted over to MPC.

Rodney

Feb 7, 2016 10:32 AM in response to Rod Legend

Thank you Legend for the response. Ok now fast forward to 2016, I have updated to Logic Pro X and am wondering about the same issue. Is there a competent way to slave Logic Pro X with the Linnsequncer doing the driving. I have an Akai Element for the pads and they do send signal thru the Linn to Logic, but as far as recording that "feel', are there any suggestions?

is there any way to connect a linn 9000 sequencer to logic studio where the linn is master?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.