Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I exchange iPod for a new one even though I bought it at bestbuy?

My brand new iPod touch 5g has a loose slightly sunk in home button and a scratch on the inside of the rear facing camera lense 😟 I don't think the people at bestbuy would think it's a big enough deal to give me a new one though.

Just ***** cuz I spent 300 $ on it.

iPod touch, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 7:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 7:50 PM

You can make an appointment at the local apple store. if they determine it is defective then they will replace it.

5 replies

Jan 3, 2013 8:33 PM in response to Cscience1

Thanks guys wow apple is awesome!!

maybe I should just keep it for now though cuz everything is working amazing it's just the feel of the home button compared to my brothers 5th gen feels terrible :/ I wouldn't wanna go In there tho wit them thinkin I'm some crazy person with OCD complaining about a problem that isn't even there haha! But seriously thanks guys you helped a lot! If I do decide to take it, I will take it to the apple store instead of bestbuy!

Oh yeah and one more thing, would I have to bring accessories and packaging also?

Can I exchange iPod for a new one even though I bought it at bestbuy?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.