Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i lock a SINGLE aplication, NOT pictures or video, but an application like NUMBERS?

I'm not hiding pictures nor ****. I want to secure my personal and work spreadsheets from a casual user of my ipad at home. It is a work tool for me and an entertainment device for family.

Please don't suggest one of the zillions of free apps that hide pictures, video, or browser information. I'm new to the apple family and just want to simply lock my Numbers app.

I've tried the guided tour lock and it must be disabled to leave the app you're locking. Weird. You can lock access to spreadsheets only if you're in spreadsheets. When you try to leave the app and hope it'll remain locked... no dice. You have to leave the guided tour setting in order to leave the app.

I AM NEW TO THIS SHTUFF, so please give me a break. No one to ask since I am (unbelievably) the only techy guy using apple around here.

iPod touch, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 1:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 1:15 AM

You have to buy apps the comes with Passcode like QuickOffice Pro, GoodReader etc.

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee374/Diavonex/Album%203/d8446bafd19677998f7 0f025180301fb.jpg

4 replies

Jan 4, 2013 2:23 AM in response to Diavonex

Thanks for a prompt answer. Wasn't aware that those apps came with passwords/passcodes. Do you know then if I could work around this issue by using Numbers (a 10 dollar app I've already purchased and integrated ALL of my work into) and import it into QuickOffice Pro? If so, I would purchase it in a heartbeat. Just getting tired of purchasing apps in order to find out how useful they AREN'T!

How do i lock a SINGLE aplication, NOT pictures or video, but an application like NUMBERS?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.