Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to restore particular pictures in iphoto backed up via time machine

cant we open an app like iphoto via time machine for a particular date ??

like i want a pic that i deleted from iphoto , how can i do that without restoring full iphoto library???

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 5:32 AM

2 replies

Jan 4, 2013 5:39 AM in response to Community User

As AnaMusic said, iPhoto library can't be opened via Time Machine to restore photos separately, so you will have to restore the whole iPhoto library.

1. If you don't want to lose changes made after your last backup, copy the iPhoto library, that it's on Pictures folder, to another folder.

2. Open Finder, select Pictures in the sidebar and open Time Machine.

3. Navigate through the backups, select the iPhoto library you want to restore and press Restore.

4. Double-click the iPhoto library to open it on iPhoto.

5. Drag the photos you want to transfer to your "existing" iPhoto library to the Desktop. You can select more than one pressing Command key.

6. Delete the "restored" iPhoto library on Pictures folder and copy the "existing" iPhoto library to Pictures folder again.

7. Open iPhoto and drag the photos on the Desktop to iPhoto, so the photos will be on the iPhoto library.

If you have any problem restoring the iPhoto library, see > http://pondini.org/TM/E9.html

how to restore particular pictures in iphoto backed up via time machine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.