Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to use your iPod touch to move your music to a new computer

i have an older ipod touch (4th gen?) and want to export all music directly to my new mac. the old macbook pro it was originally synced with has died. We have been using time machine to externally backup both computers prior to the death of the laptop. I just dont see how to do it through itunes without itunes "replacing" the library, also called deleting. 😕

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 8:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 8:47 AM

If you have access to the old computer you originally connected the iPod to, then you should be able to do that, by following this article - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1478.

11 replies

May 25, 2015 11:23 PM in response to Hamiltion Helen

Looks like someone posted to a very old thread and resurrected it.

Hamiltion Helen wrote:

Hi, Joe

First, you hsould know that you can't transfer iPod music to computer directly. Because the music files is designed from computer to iPod one-way. Now all you need is an appropriate iPod Transfer.

You can check this guide: How to Transfer Music from iPod to Computer. Hope this detailed guide can provide enough information you need.

I would recommend that you STOP SPAMMING THE FORUM WITH LINKS TO TOTALLY USELESS, OVERPRICED SOFTWARE!

May 26, 2015 1:27 AM in response to Garciaergiaa

Yes, Garciaergiaa you are responding to a post whose last response was about 9 months ago. Why did you resurrect it again?

Garciaergiaa wrote:

Looks like someone posted to a very old thread and resurrected it.

Hamiltion Helen wrote:

Hi, Joe

First, you hsould know that you can't transfer iPod music to computer directly. Because the music files is designed from computer to iPod one-way. Now all you need is an appropriate iPod Transfer.

You can check this guide: How to Transfer Music from iPod to Computer. Hope this detailed guide can provide enough information you need.

I would recommend that you STOP SPAMMING THE FORUM WITH LINKS TO TOTALLY USELESS, OVERPRICED SOFTWARE!

How to use your iPod touch to move your music to a new computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.