Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rebate Status?

Has anyone got their rebate yet?

How does one check one's rebate status?

The page http://www.apple.com/promo/aperture/ has a rebate status link but when you go there http://www.apple.com/promo/rebate/status.html
the pull down menu doesn't list the Aperture product promotion rebate...

I will call Apple when they open and see what they say...

Posted on May 3, 2006 3:11 AM

10 replies

May 3, 2006 8:17 AM in response to Justiin

Can't help thinking 8 weeks is far too long. When they get the form back, how long does it take to key in the serial number, validate it and send an email out?

I'm ready to plough more money into Apple and buy a MacBookPro to help run Aperture smoother, can't place my order until I get the code from Apple. 8 weeks? Can't understand why it's that long. How many copies of v1.0 did they sell?

May 3, 2006 10:34 AM in response to David Rawcliffe1

Mail-in rebates serve one purpose, to reduce the number of rebates issued.

We are all quilty of making a purchasing decision due to a rebate, only to procastinate sending the darn rebate form with in the required time frame.

IMO, the rebate was a nice gesture, but a even better one would have been an unannounced email from them with the ecoupon attached. However, if they did that, they would be out much more than with the mail-in requirement.

And besides all of that, it is not a cash rebate, and since you must spend the money in the apple.com store, apple is not losing the full amount of the "rebate".

May 5, 2006 12:58 AM in response to Moki Mac

Yes, this is what I was thinking as well. I was wondering "why in the heck do you have to send in your rebate request via the US Postal service when you're going to use the rebate on-line?" But I think you are probably right. Lots of people won't take the trouble to download, print, fill out, and mail the coupon, even for $200.

But in any case it's better than nothing and more than most of us expected.

May 5, 2006 3:35 AM in response to Adam Foster

Btw, how can I verify if they actually received my coupon ?

Giving there's no "checking status" on line and they stated it could take up to 8 weeks to send the e-rebate, I presume I can only wait 8 weeks, then, if I'll receive no mail, send another coupon, waiting and so on... hoping not to reiterate the process until the promotion will expire...

Quad 2.5 - PB 12" 1.5 - Just ordered: MBP 17" Mac OS X (10.4.6)

May 6, 2006 12:47 AM in response to macusque

I called one of the number for the .mac rebate and was able to ask them about the aperture rebate. I sent mine in about 2 weeks ago and it's not in their system yet. She said they just started receiving/processing the rebates. I told the representative that it wasn't available to check online and she said that she was let the rebate department know. Hopefully they'll be able to put that in the drop down menu so we can check ourselves.

May 9, 2006 10:59 AM in response to VAXman

Nice. Looks like Apple followed through on what they said when I called the rebate number. Aperture is now one of the rebate programs available under their rebate tracking page. My status is "Your claim is currently in process, please check back periodically for updates." And I sent mine in about a week after they came out with the promo. If you sent yours in immediately, yours might be further along in the process.

Rebate Status?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.