Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

There seriously still isn't a fix for the randomly restarting Mountain Lion bug?

My MBP (2010 model) has been randomly restarting, since the week I upgraded from Lion, at least once a day. Today it's done it twice, and it's only 10:40 am. I'm in the middle of writing an e-mail and suddenly black screen. The hard drive buzzes, the computer reboots, I get the "I'm sorry" white screen in half a dozen languages, two minutes later I'm back in OSX, I get the "Your computer didn't shut down properly" window, and the offer to send the info to Apple. I must have sent the same cursed error log to Apple four or five dozen times. I've been reading similar complaints on this forum, and others, since August. Where is the fix, Apple?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 9:46 AM

1 reply

Jan 4, 2013 10:25 AM in response to Santoanderson

This is not Apple. This is a user forum. But you knew that. Rather than declare a Mountain Lion bug which you seem to be suffering from consider that you have issues with your MacBook Pro which may have nothing to do with the OS. You are getting kernel panics and that generally involves a hardware issue. Take the MBP to an Apple store or AASP. And have them check it out.

There seriously still isn't a fix for the randomly restarting Mountain Lion bug?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.