Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

smart playlist not updating

I have quite a few smart playlists. And they don't seem to be updating recently.

The one that confirmed it for me was a playlist I have for Unrated music. It has one main rule that the rating is 0 stars. And a rule group to make sure that i'm getting music (limits the genres) And live updating is checked. See screenshot for all details.

I played some music from this list and and rated some of it but these still appear in this smart playlist. Any thoughts as to why this is happening?

User uploaded file

I have another SmartPlaylist that is all 4+ Star songs. And things I have rated since 1/1/13 are not appearing.

OSX: 10.8.2

iTunes: 11.0.1 (12) 64-bit

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 11:46 AM

7 replies

Sep 19, 2013 10:30 PM in response to ChrisBujak

I have the Same prob with Music App on iOS 7.

Didn't try on the Mac yet. Will check tonight. But anyway, problems seem to ne related, so here my experience in iOS:

Smart Playlist with 200 unrated songs. I normally listen to songs and give them a rating. What Happens is:

The song just rated disappears in the list, but if I skip to the next song or manually select a different one, it will

Play the initially played and rated Song. Which means that I'm stuck with a 10 minutes Pink Floyd piece. And it's none of the good ones

Best regards

cc

Nov 2, 2013 1:09 AM in response to cold_chardonnay

Even after updating iTunes to 11.1.2 and iOS 7 to 7.0.3 the problem persists.

It really bugs me ;-)

By the way: iTunes on the Mac updates all my smart playlists properly, but once I sync them to any iOS device, the list is empty, or shows only a few songs (max. 3).

At the same time, the songs are transferred to the iOS device and I can play them too. But not within the playlist.

I always sync a playlist with not rated songs to the iPhone in order to rate them when I'm travelling in the train or so...

Now it's not usable anymore...

smart playlist not updating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.