- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost
Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at
least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.
- Unsync/delete all music fomr the iPod and resync
- If they are iTunes purchases the delete dn redownload
- Reset all settings
Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.
All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.
- Restore from backup. See:
- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.
The ordering is working better now (it had gone a bit crazy again).
It didn't resolve the non-continuous playing and non-update of "Now playing" screen...
But this looks to be an encoding issue on particular albums, as I used the create AAC option to change the tracks to ACC (though they already were) and the album played as expected.