Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Did I ruin it by overcharging?

I can't complain about my Nano; it's been around for a long time, and has always give good service...until now. I don't know if all Nanos are First Generation, but mine is. Anyway, I hadn't used it for awhile, so I left it charging all night long. My question is, is overnight charging bad for Nanos? I might add that I have four or five speakers designed to be used with iPods. I've tried all of them with my Nano, but can't get any music out. The Nano lights up, and I can navigate around it, but I can't get any sound.

iDVD 7.1.1 (1150)

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 12:44 PM

3 replies

Jan 4, 2013 1:01 PM in response to stevejobsfan0123

Thanks for that. While I was waiting, I checked Amazon to see how much a new iPod would cost. While seaching, I found other types of players for as low as a dollar or two, but I pressed on and found a new iPod for around $14.00, shopping costs included. I was going to ask the seller if their ad had been misworded and that they were actually selling a cover or electric cord for an iPod, but I finally just bought the thing. What can I lose? only fourteen dollars, and maybe not even that (Amazon is pretty good about such things). Anyway, that's what I did, but I'll be reporting back to advise on the outcome.

Did I ruin it by overcharging?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.