Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 Voice Mailbox button

Just got my new iPhone 5 from Apple (Sweden), not locked to any specific operator.

Works fine but the voice mailbox button dials a number I cannot use. Put the SIM card into an old Nokia phone and found the numbers to be correct for my operator. Even so I wiped the SIM clean of all numbers, however to no avail. The *5005*86*XXX# trick does not work as the phone refuses to dial that number altogether. When dialing the MB number for my operator manually, it works fine. Have made the number a Favorite, but perhaps someone have an idea how to make the MB button work?

/Stefan

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.2, 16GB Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 1:55 PM

4 replies

Jan 4, 2013 2:26 PM in response to razmee209

Thanks razmee209, but that's the first thing I tried.

They told me they were sorry but as they only sell free capacity on another operator's network, they have no control over these things. Even so they have their own voice mail number, while the VM button on the iPhone apparently is programmed by the network owner, who does not recognize me as a customer - since I'm not.

I guess I just have to live with this while staying with this (cheap) operator.

iPhone 5 Voice Mailbox button

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.