Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lifeproof??

I recently purchased a lifeproof case, i cant decide if i want to keep it.

Pros: Very protective

Cons: Bulky, screen sensitivity is terrible, the white gets dirty super quick, expensive, cant dock it without adapter, have to have adapter for headphones

What expierences have you guys had with lifeproof? The screen sensitivity is really a deal breaker for me, it is so annoying.

iPhone 4 (8GB)

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 3:09 PM

5 replies

Jan 5, 2013 1:45 AM in response to hannah911

I am answering your question from my iPhone that lives in a Lifeproof case. I have had a different experience then you. I don't find the case bulky or cumbersome. It's a lot less bulky then the Otterbox I own before it and I think offers more protection. It was a bit pricey but protecting an iPhone comes at a price and you get what you pay for. I use all Apple accessories, my personal preference, and also advised by Lifeproof as the case was designed to fit only the apple 30-pin sync cable and headphones without adapters. Now the touchscreen, I don't notice a difference in sensitivity that you describe. Try this, press the unit, screen down, firmly against your thigh. That should squeeze the air out of the case as it is a sealed unit and allow the screen protector to lay flat against the glass of the iPhone giving it a more naked feel.

Regards

Jan 5, 2013 10:53 PM in response to hannah911

Hello Hannah911. The screen sensitivity should be very good. All cases with built-in screen protectors will alter the touch experience, but not you describe. Some of the first LifeProof iPhone 5 Frē cases had some screen flatness issues, but mine is essentially perfect. Contact customer service at LifeProof and they will take care of you.

Jan 5, 2013 11:39 PM in response to hannah911

I hate my Lifeproof case. When I fist got it I thought it was great. I tested it for water leaks and it worked great. I bought it so I can listen to music when I swim laps and when doing triathlons. I removed it from the case for some reason. About two days later I reinstalled it the same way as before, checked all the seals just like Lifeproof suggests, took it swimming again, just like before, and...WATER. Water in the phone, the camera actually had a water bubble in it. There went one apple care claim. Now I only use it when I cycle to keep the moisture my body puts off from getting on the phone. The sensitivity on the corners is horrible and very unresponsive. I will be selling it as Lifeproof or Best Buy will not be take it back and will be waiting the the Otterbox Armor Series to come out.

Lifeproof??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.