Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Configurator Internet Error when checking for the latest IOS

Hey all,

I have just updated my apple configurator software to 1.2.1 and every time the software tries to check for the latest ios version it just times out saying internet error. All internet connectivity is fine as I have unistalled and downloaded the app several times trying to resolve it. I can browse web pages fine so I know internet connectivity is not to blame. What can I do to get this thing to succsessfully phone home?

iPad, iOS 5.1

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 3:12 PM

12 replies

Jan 5, 2013 1:30 PM in response to mattme33

1/5/13 3:28:18.785 PM Apple Configurator: ERROR - 18089ms Apply policy of ECID:1486194650440 failed: Error Domain=com.apple.configurator.ErrorDomain Code=21 " The network connection was lost." UserInfo=0x7f840481e390 {NSUnderlyingError=0x7f84049611b0 "The network connection was lost."} (/SourceCache/AppleConfigurationUtility/AppleConfigurationUtility-169/Applicati on/Controllers/CDDeviceController.m:520)

is what I keep getting...

Feb 21, 2013 10:05 AM in response to mattme33

We have the same error. I've called apple enterprise support and gotten a case ID.

I suggest everyon call apple.

It's easy to reproduce once it happens. It's hard to resolve. It happens even when we reboot and have just one ipad connected to the mac desktop with just a single USB cable. We can no longer update the ipads.

I've asked apple to focus on less fluff and more function in configurator.

Please do the same.

It would cost us about 12 man hours to wipe out our machine , restore lion, then restore from time machine.

Mar 7, 2013 10:34 AM in response to n8dagr8x2

Same thing happened today, last week everything was fine. Now I am not able to prepare a brand new iPad I just got from the store or assign a supervised iPad to a student. Stalls out during the retrieving iOS information from Apple. I was thinking of staying with Configurator and using a MDM next year, but after the last few months of nothing but issues with Configurator I will wash my hands of this in June.

Mar 7, 2013 11:03 AM in response to ChiTown Hustler

Hi ChiTOwn. As a fellow ravenswood resident hi.

Our computer with configurator has a ton of free space, 85 gig. We still have this bug.

We use a mac with a SSD SATA hard drive, and don't use that mac for any other big tasks. So we installed Lion, and then nothing else other than Firefox and Configurator.

Apple has contacted me to begin the bug tracking. THey asked me to log things.

Stay tuned everyone, and please reply if you have the same bug. That helps apple track how many people see this same bug.

Mar 8, 2013 8:59 AM in response to mattme33

I had this issue yesterday. The solution was to go to iTunes Preferences, Advanced, and Reset iTunes Store cache.

This would probably explain why upgrading iTunes might fix the issue, or why a complete re-install/restore from backup might work. I had already tried an upgrade from Lion to Mountain Lion, which did not remedy the issue. I suspect that even a complete re-install might not work if the iTunes Store cache file(s) were restored.

Apple Configurator Internet Error when checking for the latest IOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.