Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App appeared in update list although never purchased

Recently, motionx GPS drive appeared in my update list although I never purchased it. Happened on my iPhone as well. Pressing update reports that the app can't be updated because it was never purchased. So, it stays in the update list and can no longer use the update all feature. Is there any solution to this or am I doomed to have it there forever?

iPad 2, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 4:53 PM

4 replies

Jan 9, 2013 10:42 AM in response to Jason705

Try a reset: Simultaneously hold down the Home and On buttons until the iPad shuts down. Ignore the off slider if it appears. Once shut down is complete, if it doesn't restart on it own, turn the iPad back on using the On button. In some cases it also helps to double click the Home button and close all apps from the tray before doing the reset.

Also there have been some issues across the board in teh app and itunes store this afternoon. Doesn't sound like the symptoms many are reporting, but I suppose could be related. Issue is currently being addressed. Try again later.

App appeared in update list although never purchased

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.