Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

were did the x go for closing tabs

All of a sudden I don't see the little hidden x on the left in the browser tab to close the tab window. Were did it go? Seems like it was there just yesterday, long after the last 10.8.2 update.

iMac (24-inch Mid 2007), Mac OS X (10.6.8), Started with the Apple IIc

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 5:08 PM

9 replies

Jan 5, 2013 5:15 PM in response to Linc Davis

Linc,

Thank you. That link is the discussion I was looking for, lot's of potential help there. Again, hard to believe Apple has ignored this issue for nearly two years. Maybe somepeople should lose a few tens of millions of dollars in stock options, then the little details might get some attention paid to them.

Mar 28, 2013 8:50 AM in response to Linc Davis

I had to do a ForceQuit Safari. The menu item Safari->QuitSafari was grayed out. I killed it from the ActivityMonitor. Even though all my safari windows were closed, killing safari freed up 1 gig of SystemMemory. (I wonder what it was doing/running?) When I started safari again the missing X on the tabs was found. You could probably accomplish the same thing by rebooting your Mac. I did not need to delete/reset my preferences.

were did the x go for closing tabs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.