Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Additional iTunes purchase after entering password

I have just received receipts for purchases made by my child on my iPad. After loading something myself, there must be an open period of time where additional content can be downloaded without re-entering the password. I now have $ in charges for coins for some kids game! HELP!!! Can this be queried and how do you prevent this from happening in future.

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 5:01 PM

1 reply

Jan 5, 2013 12:24 AM in response to jellybeansk

All purchases are considered final, but you can try contacting iTunes support and explain what happened and see if they will refund or credit you : http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/ - click on Contact iTunes Store Support on the right-hand side of the page, then Purchases, Billing & Redemption

In terms of stop it happening again, you should be able to turn off in-app purchases on the iPad via Settings > General > Restrictions > In-App Purchases 'off', and depending upon what version of iOS that you have on the iPad you may also have a 'Require Password' setting on the Restrictions screen which you can set to 'Immediately' (the default is a 15 minute period during which it doesn't need r-entering).

Additional iTunes purchase after entering password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.