Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

a weird noise when being lifted

For some strange reason my macbook pro makes a weird noise whenever it is lifted or moved. At 1st I thought it was the fan but when it is still I can hear the fan and it's not the same noise. I can't exactly describe the noise but it's like strumming on a guitar and everytime I move my computer especially lifting it up or putting it down I hear it. Is that normal?

MacBook Pro, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 5:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 6:13 PM

You do not mention which model Macbook you have. In any case, a solution may be found if you search in the "More Like This" section over in the right column.

User uploaded file

4 replies

Jan 4, 2013 7:24 PM in response to Courcoul

Thanks! I actually called the customer care and surprisingly the rep didn't mention anything about the possibility of it being the SMS, but in the event that it is the SMS, my cousins have the same macbook pro and whenever I lift them, they still don't make the same noise. I scheduled an appointment to have them check it out next week Tuesday so I will see what's really up.

a weird noise when being lifted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.