Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have 10 UiWebView to load different charts and maps on an iPad,using UIScrollView to scroll through each page, problem is on loading of each UiWebView my UiScrollView does not scroll smoothly to other pages horizontally,so how to make the scroll smooth?

I have 8-10 UiWebView's to load different charts and maps on an iPad, i am using UIScrollView to scroll through each page, problem is while loading of each UiWebView my UiScrollView does not scroll smoothly to other pages horizontally, my query is can i load UiWebView on background and how to make sure the scoll of pages is smooth, even though the loading of UiWebViews may take time.

Note :i have tried disabled scrolling on webview, so when i scroll on the page the scroll event will be of UiScrollView, so believe no conflict with UiWebView.

also in ios 6 i read about suppressesIncrementalRendering = True but i want to support ios5, also as UiWebViews are said to be running on main thread by default, i suspect when loading of webViews and when user tries to scroll the page, the main thread is busy, but i want the scroll of the page to be smooth even though the loading of UiWebViews may take time.

iPad, iOS 5.1

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 11:53 PM

1 reply

I have 10 UiWebView to load different charts and maps on an iPad,using UIScrollView to scroll through each page, problem is on loading of each UiWebView my UiScrollView does not scroll smoothly to other pages horizontally,so how to make the scroll smooth?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.