Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two versions now installed? How to trash.

After installing version 2.0 ( which runs fine if I start it from list in MacHD) I still have version 1.0 in the dock and on the computer. I expected 2.0 to install "over" it but they are now in "parallel".

What is the procedure to "get rid of " version 1 which is what will start up automatically if I double click a document and just leave 2.0 (work 06) on the computer?

iBook G4 Mac OS X (10.4.6)

Posted on May 3, 2006 8:34 AM

2 replies

May 3, 2006 8:45 AM in response to Roger Eddy

To get rid of it just drag the old version to the trash. I wouldn't worry about cleaning any other files out; they'll do no harm where they are.

Now 'poof' the Dock icon out of there and replace it with a new one from Pages 2.

A quick final step is to select any Pages file, use Get Info (⌘-I) on it and then set it to use Pages in the Open With: section.

(Note: These procedures are generic, not specific to Pages, and work with any app or file)

May 3, 2006 5:43 PM in response to Michael Morgan1

A quick final step is to select any Pages file, use Get Info (⌘-I) on it and then set it to use Pages in the Open With: section.

Actually Michael, you don't need to do this with Pages documents. Even if you still have Pages 1 installed, the documents will automatically open in Pages 2. Of course, if you have set Pages 1 to be the default program to open RTF or Word documents, for example, you would need to set Pages 2 as the default.

Pages 2 will use the same preferences you set for Pages 1. There are some new, expanded preferences in Pages 2, so take a look at them. And any templates you have created will also open without problems.
User uploaded file

Two versions now installed? How to trash.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.