Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot turn Location services on - greyed out

Hi,

I have a iphone 4 running iOS6.0.1

I have turned everything that I can find ON and my location services is off and greyed out. I can't do anything with it.

I have also tried to restore the phone and it is still the same.

Can anyone please help me? or is it impossible.

Thanks

Kay

iPhone 4, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Jan 5, 2013 4:32 AM

5 replies

Jan 31, 2013 12:23 PM in response to kaykell

wjosten's answer did help me.

Step 1.: Settings > General > Restrictions: are off (button says "Enable Restrictions" if I want to turn it on).

Further down on that same list, Location Services is grayed out.

Step 2: Settings > Privacy > Location Services > ... turn them on or off as you please (they aren't grayed out anymore)

Jan 31, 2013 7:34 PM in response to macimby

I tried everything. I turned everything on. I enabled absolutely everything I could find. But no matter what I did, it just stayed greyed out.

But today there was a software update for iOs 6.1. I updated my phone and at the end if the installation it asked me if I wanted to turn location services on. I chose yes and it worked.

I finally have it.

Sep 23, 2013 4:08 PM in response to macimby

I just updated to IOS 7, and it turned off my Location Services, and greyed it out so that I could not turn it on. The suggestion to go to Settings / General / Restrictions did it for me. I was on the phone with Apple support when I read the post and tried it, and they didn't know about this. I told them to write it down, so others would know about it. Thanks for the post - it fixed me.

Cannot turn Location services on - greyed out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.