Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Additional hyphenation dictionaries

Does anyone know a way of adding additional language-specific hyphenation rules to Pages '09? A quick look into

/Library/Application Support/iWork '09/Frameworks/SFProofReader.framework/Resources

shows a very modest list of 8 languages and unfortunately non of the Eastern European languages like Polish, Czech or Russian is there. And this is a ca. 65kB file we are talking about. A file of rules that is already embedded in myriad open source mutations of LaTeX, OpenOffice, what have you. C'mon Apple, this is 2013, make your "Advanced Writing Tools" a reality!

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 5, 2013 4:26 AM

2 replies

Jan 5, 2013 10:03 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

You know, it's almost embarassing to call hyphenation in already localized product a NEW FEATURE. I'll certainly bug Apple about that through their forms hoping it's not > /dev/null. And you're totally right, the gap between 09 and 13 is frightening.

Anyway, it's quite unbelievable that a major tech company cannot pay someone few bucks for converting _already_existing_ rules_ . Heck, I'd do it myself if only A. would reveal their secret format of Hyphenation.dat. Oh wait, it's probably so revolutionary that they've patented it and will keep it in their vaults for decades to come...

Additional hyphenation dictionaries

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.