Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where to buy my iPhone 5 from? I will be living in Canada for a while after 6 months. And returning to the UK regularly so I want an unlocked iPhone so I can use a local sim in Canada and a local sim in the UK to keep roaming costs down. But which model?

Where to buy my iPhone 5 from? I will be living in Canada for a while after the next 6 months. And returning to the UK regularly so I want an unlocked iPhone so I can use a local sim in Canada and a local sim in the UK to keep roaming costs down. But which model?

Thank you for you help in advance

iPhone 5

Posted on Jan 5, 2013 5:51 AM

4 replies

Jan 5, 2013 5:57 AM in response to M4TTDUFFY

If you buy an iPhone at the UK or Canadian Apple stores, it should work on the GSM frequencies in both countries. LTE will not work as the LTE channels are different in each country and each iPhone sold in each country is only compatible on LTE channels of that particular country. Other wise it should be fine.

Be aware that only the Apple store (retail or online) sells the unlocked iPhone in the UK. I think the situation is similar in Canada. (It is in the US).

Where to buy my iPhone 5 from? I will be living in Canada for a while after 6 months. And returning to the UK regularly so I want an unlocked iPhone so I can use a local sim in Canada and a local sim in the UK to keep roaming costs down. But which model?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.