Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quartz error

I am new to xcode, i just followed the project of QCDemo. But when i click "run", it occurs the error:

CompileXIB QCDemo/en.lproj/MainMenu.xib

cd "/Users/lyj/Documents/XCode File/QCDemo"

setenv XCODE_DEVELOPER_USR_PATH /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/..

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/ibtool --errors --warnings --notices --output-format human-readable-text --compile /Users/lyj/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/QCDemo-cxqiwvszgawopadhqixraqlqb gyg/Build/Products/Debug/QCDemo.app/Contents/Resources/en.lproj/MainMenu.nib "/Users/lyj/Documents/XCode File/QCDemo/QCDemo/en.lproj/MainMenu.xib" --sdk /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/ SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk

Command /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/ibtool failed with exit code 255

I don't know how to solve it. The only thing i know is that the error doesn't exist only when i delete the quartz.

If you know the methods to solve this ,please help me.

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)

Posted on Jan 5, 2013 5:57 AM

5 replies

Jan 6, 2013 12:14 PM in response to Flyraibow

I haven't gone through the tutorial you're going through (the Apple tutorial Designing a User Interface with Interface Builder), but a Google search for the error message "ibtool failed with exit code 255" uncovered a possible solution. Someone fixed the problem by turning off auto layout, which is an Interface Builder feature that was added after the tutorial was written. To turn off auto layout, select the xib file from the project navigator on the left side of the project window. Open the file inspector by choosing View > Utilities > Show File Inspector. Deselect the Use Auto Layout checkbox in the file inspector.

If turning off auto layout doesn't fix the problem, another thing I noticed is you have a space in the path to QCDemo, Xcode File. I saw on Stack Overflow that an exit code 255 can occur if a file can't be found. Rename the folder Xcode File to something without spaces and see if the project builds. If that doesn't work, check the connections (actions, outlets, and bindings) in the xib file to make sure they match the tutorial. The problem is somewhere in the xib file.

Quartz error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.