Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

KEYBOARD PROBLEM

hi all of them. I have some problems. I am using Turkish language but when I write "h" , it shows "^" and when I press the "blank " button it shows "." . Please help me 😟 how can I fix this ? In addition I use macbook.

MacBook

Posted on Jan 5, 2013 7:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2013 8:16 AM

Go to Apple Menu / System Preferences / Langauge and Text. Then click on Input Sources, and select the input methods you want to use.

This screen shot is from OS 10.6.8, since I do not know what you have. 10.7 and 10.8 are a little different, but the idea is the same.

User uploaded file

18 replies

Jan 5, 2013 9:20 AM in response to help me

Of course that is not what you want. I suggest you try different languages (in Input Sources), and check the keyboard in each case. Trial and error.

There is another route to try if this does not work out: you may need to trash a Preferences file. Tell me the OS and I can tell you what you have to trash. Please tell us what OS you are running, is it 10.7 or 10.8?

Jan 5, 2013 10:26 AM in response to help me

This is very strange.

1. Try changing the Input Source to something other than Turkish? Try U.S, for example, and see what happens.

Also,

2. go to your main drive / Library / Preferences. Is there a file with a name like: com.apple.keyboard.plist

If you find anything with keyboard, just move it to the desktop and see if there is any difference in your keyboard behaviour.

KEYBOARD PROBLEM

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.