Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 4 refurbish

I bought an unlocked iPhone 4 in US last August. Over time, the phone got some dents as I dropped it several times, and even though I know I can use it without any problem except the aesthetic ones, I just want to know how much I should pay (or pay none?) if I want to refurbish it.

1. Is there any difference between unlocked / locked iPhone 4 when it comes to refurb?

2. Now it's about 5 months since I bought this iPhone... when does the warranty ends? Is the warranty related to refurb? If so, how?

3. Since this case is not due to Apple's software problem, I expect I should pay extra for refurbishing. If it's just few dents, how much Apple usually claims for the refurbished iPhone?

4. Should I go to the shop where I bought the iPhone? Or, can I ask about this matter to any local retailer? (Now I'm in South Korea, can I just go to any Apple shop in Korea to refurb?)

I'll wait for reply. Thank you.

iPhone 4 (8GB), iOS 6.0.2, White color, Never refurbished

Posted on Jan 5, 2013 8:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2013 8:41 AM

1) Yes. They would be the same as any otehr iphone. You would need to buy an unlocked one

2) New iphones have a one year warranty. As with any warranty on any product, damage is not covered - only manufacturer defect. Warranty would have nothing to do with your issue.

3) You can buy a replacementin the U.S for ( you can go to the link and check for other countries. :

"

If you own an iPhone that is ineligible for warranty service but is eligible for Out-of-Warranty (OOW) Service, Apple will service your iPhone for the Out-of-Warranty Service fee listed below.

iPhone model Out-of-Warranty Service
iPhone 5 $229
iPhone 4S $199
iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS,
iPhone 3G, Original iPhone
$149

A $6.95 shipping fee will be added if service is arranged through Apple and requires shipping. All fees are in U.S. dollars and are subject to local tax. "

http://support.apple.com/kb/index?page=servicefaq&geo=United_States&product=ipho ne

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2013 8:41 AM in response to Chang Suwoo Young Money

1) Yes. They would be the same as any otehr iphone. You would need to buy an unlocked one

2) New iphones have a one year warranty. As with any warranty on any product, damage is not covered - only manufacturer defect. Warranty would have nothing to do with your issue.

3) You can buy a replacementin the U.S for ( you can go to the link and check for other countries. :

"

If you own an iPhone that is ineligible for warranty service but is eligible for Out-of-Warranty (OOW) Service, Apple will service your iPhone for the Out-of-Warranty Service fee listed below.

iPhone model Out-of-Warranty Service
iPhone 5 $229
iPhone 4S $199
iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS,
iPhone 3G, Original iPhone
$149

A $6.95 shipping fee will be added if service is arranged through Apple and requires shipping. All fees are in U.S. dollars and are subject to local tax. "

http://support.apple.com/kb/index?page=servicefaq&geo=United_States&product=ipho ne

iphone 4 refurbish

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.