Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am running Safari 5.1.7 on 10.6.8 and experiencing frequent freezes and crashes, how do I solve this problem? Hal Harris

I am running Safari 5.1.7 on 10.6.8 and experiencing frequent freezes and crashes, how do I solve this problem?

Hal Harris

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 5, 2013 9:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2013 5:42 PM

The best way is to post the crash log next time it crashes. That will contain specific information that will help find the problem. Logs are cryptic but there are people here who can make some sense of them.

I'm running 5.1.7 under 10.6.8 on both my iMac and MacBook Pro and it is completely stable. However I have no extensions installed. Incompatible extensions are a common source of Safari instability

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2013 5:42 PM in response to Hal Frederick

The best way is to post the crash log next time it crashes. That will contain specific information that will help find the problem. Logs are cryptic but there are people here who can make some sense of them.

I'm running 5.1.7 under 10.6.8 on both my iMac and MacBook Pro and it is completely stable. However I have no extensions installed. Incompatible extensions are a common source of Safari instability

I am running Safari 5.1.7 on 10.6.8 and experiencing frequent freezes and crashes, how do I solve this problem? Hal Harris

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.