Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Teamviewer - Remote control iPad

My Setup: Teamviewer business license Version 8.0.16642 on Windows 7.

What I do: Provide remote email and computer support for clients using Teamviewer to connect to their computers.

Situation: I have a client implementing iPads across a sales team.

Question: Does the Teamveiwer iPad app allow me to log into and/or remotely control an iPad?

Notes: I downloaded the free version iPad Teamviewer app on an iPad at my house, the iPad would not allow incoming connections to it, in Wifi mode or through phone data connection. Teamviewer's website posted this about connecting to iPads/iPhones:

From Teamviewer's FAQ's on their website: http://www.teamviewer.com/en/help/353-How-can-I-control-my-iPad-iPhone-with-Team Viewer.aspx

How can I control my iPad/iPhone with TeamViewer?

To make this possible requires the support of Apple. You can help us by letting them know that you would like to control iPad/iPhone with TeamViewer.

Copy this text and send it to Apple:

Hello,

I am using the TeamViewer software to remotely control my computer from my iOS device. It would be great if this would be possible the other way around. Can you make that possible in collaboration with TeamViewer (www.teamviewer.com | bizdev@teamviewer.com)?

iPad 2, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Jan 5, 2013 10:58 AM

2 replies

Mar 9, 2013 6:41 PM in response to jeffrey971

Hi Jeffrey.

I have the exsact same question and have also send your clip from TeamViewer to Apple, BUT APPLE SEEMS VERY UNINTERESTED IN GIVING AN ASWER! I posted my question 8 month ago and have never heard anything from this "great" company...

...no doubt that it could be done, connecting remotely to an iPad, since TeamViewer say that it "only" takes the cooperation from Apple. Why will they not do it???

Can anyone explain this to me, PLEASE? It would be great if us semi-professionals could help out new iPad users - and Apple would probably sell even more iPads, come to think of it.

Sep 21, 2016 9:27 AM in response to jeffrey971

I was doing some research on this issue, as our company has just acquired a TeamViewer Corporate license through our new cloud based RMM service. I had the same question which lead me here. I had also had TeamViewer remote control on this iPhone already that I was using to test this feature.

I noticed right away, when attempting to connect to the device using that ID number from inside the App, I was receiving the same error (Not accepting incoming connections). I did a little reading on TeamViewer's site as well. i was able to determine that connecting to a iPad, iPhone, Droid, etc will require an additional application. Download the TeamViewer quick support application to allow incoming connections. Once you do, it will be assigned the same ID as the TeamViewer remote control application (if you already have it installed).

Reminder: This does not give you the same remote control as connecting to a PC or Mac. The dashboard view consists of a chat section to communicate with the remote user, and detailed information about the phone. Such as, CPU%, RAM%, Battery%, and basic device information. The next tab is an area to request and see screenshots of the phone. Finally there is a Settings tab to add additional Wi-Fi, E-mail, and MS Exchange.

Lastly they give you the option to transfer files to the mobile device which is accessible next to the tab selection area.

Note: The chat is visible and usable from each tab.User uploaded file

Teamviewer - Remote control iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.