Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sharing iTunes content with immediate family on family Mac

Hi

I have a Mac and iphone and have bought many apps, games and music for my two children. They are now older and have their own iDevices and want to view, watch, play and listen to the same things they used to on my Mac or iPhone on their own devices.

Is there any way I can share my content using iTunes (using two or three different Apple ID's throught iTunes) using just one Mac?

Thanks in advance.

Matt

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 5, 2013 11:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2013 12:00 PM

Not immediately. In an attempt at anti-piracy, iTunes has locked down the transferr of purchased content for 90 days from the point of activation in Home Shairing. You may be able to transfer the files individually, then plug your apple ID into his computer and try it that way, but that is a shot in the dark for me.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2013 12:00 PM in response to AppleMacCider

Not immediately. In an attempt at anti-piracy, iTunes has locked down the transferr of purchased content for 90 days from the point of activation in Home Shairing. You may be able to transfer the files individually, then plug your apple ID into his computer and try it that way, but that is a shot in the dark for me.

Sharing iTunes content with immediate family on family Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.