Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone buttons freeze when testing webapps

In the past week I was testing 2 different webapps I am currently developping. Suddenly the sleep/wake button and the home button stopped reacting. The volume buttons kept on working.

I added the two apps to my homescreen. I had to restore my iPhone from a backup in order to get it to work again.

Is anybody else experiencng this? How can I avoid this in the future?

iPhone 4, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Jan 5, 2013 12:05 PM

4 replies

Jan 16, 2013 2:49 PM in response to jovi.verheyen

I have exactly the same issue on iPhone and iPad.

I created a JQM App with localstorage and php sessions to do the job.

On the iPhone I have IOS 6.0.1 and on the iPad to.

I had it on both devices that the Home button was not working anymore.

I had to restart the devices by pressing a long time the on/off and home screen buttons together.

Anyone have a slution for this, how can it happen?

Dec 12, 2013 12:59 PM in response to jovi.verheyen

I also experience this problem. However, it is random and I don’t know exactly what my app does that triggers it. But sometimes when running my webapp launched from the homescreen in fullscreen, after a while, suddenly the home button stops responding. I seems to happen randomly but often enough that it will happen a few times a week if I am using the fullscreen webapp a lot. In iOS-7.0.4, I am still able to use the lock button. But when I go to unlock the iPad, the screen never wakes up and I’m pretty sure that means touch input is disabled. So I have to resort to an unclean reboot.

This bug has been around for quite a while and it is kind of disappointing that it can happen. If the fullscreen webapp functionality were used by inexperienced users, it would be quite baffling if the device suddenly fails to wake up. The device is, by all appearances, powered off, but the usual solution to that—pressing the power button to turn it on—does nothing.

iPhone buttons freeze when testing webapps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.