Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem burning an audio CD in iTunes

I'm having trouble burning an audio CD of music that I purchased from the itunes store. When I attempt to burn the playlist, a message pops up stating that the files cannot be burned to audio CD because "Only files on my computer's hard drive can be burned to an audio CD." I recently converted to a mac mini. I never had this problem on my HP laptop. This is my first attempt at burning CDs off the Mac Mini and the external Apple CD drive.

Mac mini, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Jan 5, 2013 12:45 PM

6 replies

Jun 2, 2017 6:57 PM in response to jscandal79

I was just attempting to "burn" a playlist of songs for an upcoming wedding reception onto a blank compact disc. For some reason I received an error message saying that a few of the songs were not able to be "burned" onto discs even though I know I have never had any problem doing this in the past. That made a disc "burn" that left a few songs off and now does not match my intended playlist. Why would it do that and how can I prevent that from happening? THANKS in advance for any help you can provide!

Jan 5, 2013 5:01 PM in response to jscandal79

I have a mini using an external optical drive, and I just burned a couple of audio CDs yesterday, so it will work. My first question would be (on account of the error message) if you Get Info on the songs (left click on the name of the song, then select Get Info from the drop down menu), under the Summary tab, where does it say the songs are located?

srb

Problem burning an audio CD in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.