Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error message Ipad is not on when sync

Hi I wish to update to the my Ipad for OIS 6.0.1 and the 1st thing I am doing is trying to back up my Ipad to my notebook. I launch Itunes and try to sync my Ipad however it tells me my Ipad is not connected when it is.

What steps have I missed that it will not sync My Ipad?

I am now updateding to the latest version of Itunes 11.0.1 in case that is my issues.

I look forward to hearing from someone.

iPad 2, iOS 5.1

Posted on Jan 5, 2013 2:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2013 3:03 PM

I don't think that you are missing anything from what you have said. Where are you seeing the message about the iPad not being connected? Are you seeing that in iTunes?

Are you connecting the iPad to the computer with the cable? When the iPad is connected ro your computer and with iTunes running, can you see the iPad name under the devices heading in the sidebar on the left side?

Try quitting iTunes, reboot your iPad, restart your computer and then try again.

Reboot the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider - let go of the buttons.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2013 3:03 PM in response to cruzaussies

I don't think that you are missing anything from what you have said. Where are you seeing the message about the iPad not being connected? Are you seeing that in iTunes?

Are you connecting the iPad to the computer with the cable? When the iPad is connected ro your computer and with iTunes running, can you see the iPad name under the devices heading in the sidebar on the left side?

Try quitting iTunes, reboot your iPad, restart your computer and then try again.

Reboot the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider - let go of the buttons.

Error message Ipad is not on when sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.