Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mobileme

Since uprading to Mountain Lion, Mobileme not in System Preferences, however still prevents me accessing iWeb by wanting a 'sign-in'. I transferred all over before closure, but now am in limbo. Can't publish anything to iWeb. Can't find want to do, can anybody help me?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jan 5, 2013 4:27 PM

6 replies

Jan 5, 2013 5:25 PM in response to Niel

The information that you put in the FTP server area, would be provided to you by your FTP server.

In the past, you published your web site to Mobile me....which is Apples server. Apple has discontinued this server, so you need to find a new server to publish to.

Many people use "Go Daddy", however there are many FTP servers out there. Do a google search for "iWeb friendly FTP servers" and you should get some ideas of other servers you can use.

You simply call one of these "server hosts" and tell them you need to publish a web site to their server, and they should be able to explain what you need to do. They will also provide you will all the information you need to fill in the FTP server settings in iWeb.

For information on Publishing your iWeb web site to an FTP server, check out the following link - http://www.apple.com/findouthow/web/#ftp. Also see - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4686.

Jan 7, 2013 8:21 AM in response to procon87

Depending on the version of iWeb you are using you have a couple of publishing options:

iWeb '09 (3.0.4) you can publish to an FTP Server or a local folder. ( With the built in FTP in iWeb you will end up with an address like "www.YourDomain.com/sitename/Home.html )

User uploaded file

iWeb '08 (iWeb '08 has some issues with lion/mountain lion) you can publish your website to a local folder then upload the site to your host with an FTP program like Cyberduck

User uploaded file

Mobileme

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.