Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Date

I just realized that the date on my iphone was incorrect. I went to settings and everything just like you'd normally do but, the thing is.. the m/date/yr were strange. It was January 5th 2554 BE. I don't understand why it says that and it's preventing from using Instagram/Facebook/Other Apps, It says "error" or "please change to correct date" and I tried moving the year back to today (2013) and it won't work. It messes up and brings it to December 31th 2554 BE. I'm trying to fix it and it's frustrating me :\ Please Help?

iPhone 4S

Posted on Jan 5, 2013 4:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2013 7:57 PM

Settings>General>International>Calendar.

Set it to "Gregorian". You have it set to Buddhist.

4 replies

May 3, 2015 4:30 PM in response to KiltedTim

KiltedTim, I have the issue with my iphone resetting the clock and Calendar randomly... I mean randomly. The time is set to random hours and date to random dates. I restored the iphone through itunes to have it all updated. Still doesnt tell the right time. I've also checked my Language/Region formats and found it was already set to Gregorian. I've tried setting it to both Japanese and Buddhist but no difference. I'v tried using Manual and setting the time correctly myself, but it reverts to randomness eventually, even though it remains on Manual. Automatic never sets it to the right time.

It's a ***** not having alarm, calendar, reminders, wrong dates on all messages....

May 3, 2015 4:40 PM in response to KiltedTim

Just a recent observation... I hasn't been 20 minutes since I last posted and my iphone (still on Manual set) and it has already reset itself, but this time only the time went back, by about 15 minutes.

I also forgot to mentions another issue I've been having (since the itunes restore), the iphone has been slowing down or even locking up temporarily - but only when I open Date/Time setting.

I have also gone through all these things/steps with WiFi turned on and with it off. Any idea?

Date

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.