Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto '11 v. 9.2.3 bug when splitting events containing flagged and duplicate versions of same photo in Event.

UPDATE:

Okay, I don't know how to delete this - so I'm just saying that after sending this, I found Terrance's reply to a similar post (3/3/12). I didn't realize iPhoto had been changed so that the "master" controls duplicates. I do understand how to export, et cetera .... and I do use albums also! I just really want the duplicate photos to NOT be in the general Events. Trust me, I have a good reason!

Thank you for your (previous) help!

~h

-------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, when I created this User Name, I didn't foresee this situation. I'm pretty sure this is a real bug - and maybe someone can let the appropriate programmer know....

Essentially, I'm organizing my 2012 iPhoto library and am trying to get around the rule that a photo can only be in one Event. I flagged the photos I want to keep where they are - AND - be grouped separately.

Then in Flagged, I duplicated all. Then I unflag the orginal files.

Then I modified the duplicated (version 2 or version 3) files.

So, in the original events, there are the two versions of some photos.

Opening one of the events, I select a couple of photos and "split".

Split event does get created, but it has no photos.

Photos and duplicated photos remain in original event.

I'm quitting now - before I lose everything.....!

(I'll back up the library and try again later.........!)

and jsut for the fn of it, I'm adding that I find it strange that I'd have to manually click "abc-check" -- that spellcheck doesn't run automatically. --I guess it annoys others?

holly

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), Mac OS X (10.6.8), Not running Lion

Posted on Jan 5, 2013 4:39 PM

There are no replies.

iPhoto '11 v. 9.2.3 bug when splitting events containing flagged and duplicate versions of same photo in Event.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.