Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyword visual placement

How do I reset iphoto so that my keywords appear below each photo. It is very cumbersome to have to click on each photo to see if I've keyed a photo to a keyword or not. I used to be able to scan my recent imports and assign keywords very easily. The new update has turned this into a chore, I miss the functionality and cannot figure out how to get it back other than reverting to older version of iphoto. Does it exist in another form?

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jan 5, 2013 6:25 PM

4 replies

Jan 9, 2013 7:48 AM in response to Yer_Man

Terence, that works to a point...

however there are limitations to this smart album method:

1. I cannot delete a photo within that album view, why can't I delete a photo?

2. I can only assign one keyword and the photo disappears. Sometimes I use multiple keywords. How do I assign multiple keywords

Is there a workaround for that? Other than going thru my photos again

The ability to see the multiple keywords under the photo in the last import was a very valuable functionality that is truly missed.

Jan 9, 2013 8:13 AM in response to DebMcc

The ability to see the multiple keywords under the photo in the last import was a very valuable functionality that is truly missed.

😎 That might be one reason to upgrade to Aüerture in the long run. Being able to cusomize exactly what is displayed in the Browser below the photos or in other views is one of the strong points of Aperture vs. iPhoto. Migration would be easy - simply open your iPhoto lbraries in Aperture.

Regards

Léonie

As a workaround - you might consider to add important keyword text to the title of your photo. This you will see below the photo in the browser.

You can also use the title text in smart albums with rules like: "Title contains key1"

Jan 9, 2013 8:21 AM in response to DebMcc

1. I cannot delete a photo within that album view, why can't I delete a photo?

It's a Smart Album. That is, a list of answers to a question or instruction, in this case, 'Show me all the photos with no keywords'. So, as long as that is the condition of the photo it will show in the Smart Album.

If you mean you cannot move a photo to the trash from the Smart Album, then try command-alt-delete.

Hence my suggestion:

iPhoto menu -> Provide iPhoto Feedback and let themknow you want it.

Keyword visual placement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.