Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

While exporting event to hard drive i didn't change kind to original..

It was set to JPEG -Now all my movies are black--they show the correct length, when you hit play..black..nothing.. i have deleted some and now cant get to go back into iphoto 11 or play.. are they lost forever? Ideas?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jan 5, 2013 5:11 PM

2 replies

Jan 6, 2013 2:31 PM in response to Yer_Man

Ok, sorry - While exporting several events in Iphoto 11 to an external hard drive that had jpeg and .mov files i went to file/export/--on the kind i didn't change from Jpeg to original - so my photos are good on the hard drive , but on the .mov files they show to play and have the correct minutes , but are black and do not show any of the movie. I have deleted some files in iphoto already, when i try to import them back into iphoto it says unsupported file format. ---on the .MOV files that are "black" on the hard drive and deleted from my iphoto, are they gone forever?

While exporting event to hard drive i didn't change kind to original..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.