Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Proper Project Properties Motion 4

Hi, I would like to export some live type work I have just done but I am not all that familiar with Motion 4's project property options. My project in FCP 7 that I wish to import the live text into is Apple Pro Res 422, 1440x1080, 23.98. What are the proper project properties in Motion 4 and what about the proper export settings? Thanks much in advance.

Motion 4, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 5, 2013 6:16 PM

1 reply

Jan 6, 2013 8:08 AM in response to mattframe

If you send a clip from your FCP Timeline to Motion (the reference background, for example) it will take that clip's properties and set them appropriately.

Instead of worrying about what you should export as, simply save the Motion project file and import that into FCP. It can be treated just like a video clip.

If you do not want the reference background "baked in" - (you might want to use the Motion file more than once in different places in the FCP Timeline, for example) - delete it before saving the Motion project.

Proper Project Properties Motion 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.